It’s holiday season time, and yes, while that may mean twinkling lights, a festive atmosphere, and galas galore, that also means last-minute deadlines, stressful family get-togethers, and what-to-wear dilemmas.
Well, we may not be able to prevent those awkward passive-aggressive conversations at the dinner table, we can help you solve one holiday issue: how to get from office to holiday party without looking like you slogged through a million deadlines for eight hours.
Dennis Ramirez of Brighton Salon gave Composure‘s editor in chief, Jane, some tips on how to go from desk to dance floor, using the new hair accessory line La-Ta-Da. The best part? La-Ta-Da retails for under $12 and is available exclusively at Target.
The Side Sweep
- Sweep the left front side tight to the back of the head, securing with regular bobby pins to hold the hair in place.
- Next, bring a bit of hair from the top of your head over the regular bobby pins to cover them.
- Place a small row of six Slides, alternating between the Gold Bobby Slides and Enameled Bobby Slides, down the head into the desired shape.
The Golden Angel
Need a quick holiday upgrade? Try this easy look.
- Curl hair for a soft angelic look with small hot rollers or a curling iron.
- Pull bangs and the front areas of the hair tight against the head.
- Place the Soft Shimmer Gold Head Wrap.
- Bring the waves forward to frame the face.
The Jeweled Chignon
This last look was done using the Black Stone Pearl Jeweled Hair Pin.
- Using the natural part of the hair, split into two sections, one right and one left.
- Comb the right front and back areas together, twisting to the back of the head.
- Comb front hair tighter for a more polished business look, and looser for a more relaxed feel.
- Pin into a chignon bun.
- Next, do the same with the left side, twisting and securing into the chignon.
- Once secure, place the Black Stone Jewel Hair Piece into the right side to dress up the look.
For a more relaxed feel, pull a few front pieces to frame the face, and loosen and muss up the chignon (imperfect is good!). Add the Jeweled Hair Pin into the chignon to dress it up.