Most people have at least one bottle of olive oil in their kitchen. And sure, it’s great for a healthy diet, but we’ve also found that 100% virgin olive oil (preferably organic) makes a great natural beauty product that you can incorporate into your daily beauty regimen. Here’s how.
STORY BY ARCHANGELA CHELSEA
- To hydrate hair and stimulate growth, apply 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to your hair and massage into strands and scalp. Leave the oil on for about 10-15 minutes, and then wash your hair afterwards.
- Another option is to mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1 egg yolk and massage the mixture into your hair. Wash it out after about 10-15 minutes, and you’ll have smoother, shinier hair after just one treatment.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with one teaspoon of organic brown sugar (or just regular sugar will also work). Gently massage the scrub onto your face and also on your lips for a nice exfoliating treatment. If you prefer a gentler scrub, simply add more olive oil. Repeat twice a week for maximum results.
- You can also directly apply olive oil on your skin as a facial moisturizer or body lotion, but we recommend mixing the oil with a little bit of water to give you a lighter, fresher feeling.
- Olive oil makes a great makeup primer. Simply pat a little olive oil on your face before applying foundation or mix one drop of oil into your foundation for a glowy finish.