From melt-resistant makeup to frizz-free hair, THIS IS YOUR GUIDE to looking good all summer long.
STORY BY ANNA M. PARK
MAKE IT LAST: These products stand up to surf, sand and sun.
- Boscia White Charcoal Mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray, $38, sephora.com
- Algenist Reveal Color Correcting Radiant Primer, $36, algenist.com
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sand Glow, $29, lauramercier.com
- LashFusion XXL Dramatically Volumizing Waterproof Mascara, $28, fusionbeauty.com
- Chosungah Ink Jet Lip Tatt Lip Stain, $20, sephora.com
- Milani Amore Matte Lip Créme in Craze, $8.99, milanicosmetics.com
- Wunder2 Wunderbrow 1-Step Brow Gel, $22, wunder2.com
TIE IT BACK: Smooth strands for a sleek summer look.
- Tresemmé Climate Protection Mousse, $6.24, drugstore.com
- Mia Beauty Wraplet, miabeauty.com
- Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Styler, $49.99, target.com
- Invisibobble Original, $8, sephora.com
SNEAK IN SPF: UV protection doesn’t get easier than this.
- Paula’s Choice Anti-Aging Lip Gloss SPF 40, $18, paulaschoice.com
- Per-fékt Skin Perfection Plus, $48, perfektbeauty.com
- Amorepacific Age Correcting Foundation Cushion SPF 25, $80, us.amorepacific.com
Celeb makeup artist ARCHANGELA CHELSEA on MELT-PROOF MAKEUP
- A must for summer is a face primer to ensure that your foundation stays on all day. I usually prefer a silicone based primer since it repels water (water-based primers attract water, causing your makeup to melt).
- If you prefer a water-based primer (a silicone primer may cause a water-based foundation to pill), use a setting spray or pat a setting powder over your foundation to keep it from melting down.
- Avoid cream products (like cream blush) in the summer, since they can easily slide off.
- To make sure that your brows stay on fleek all day, use a water-resistant brow pomade like the one from Anastasia. Set your brow pomade with brow powder or regular powder.