No need to sweat it — drop temps with refreshing gels and skin-soothing ingredients.
STORY BY ANNA M. PARK
- This cooling, bouncy gel with bioactive rice ferment filtrate from a Kyoto sake plant boosts skin barrier function and seriously hydrates. Boscia Sake Balm, $46, boscia.com
- A steaming cleanser first deep cleans pores, then a cooling cleanser refreshes and calms. Caolion Hot & Cool Pore Foam Cleansing Duo, $24, sephora.com
- The lightweight gel moisturizer soothes with botanicals allantoin and witch hazel, while arbutin brightens. Amarte Aqua Lotion, $75, amarteskincare.com
- Massage on this eye serum anytime for an instantly chilled, de-puffing effect. DHC Beauty Lift Eye Care Essence Roll-On, $34, dhccare.com
- Infused with their signature miracle broth and antioxidants, this luxe gelée cools skin with a sheer glow. La Mer After Sun Enhancer, $125, lamer.com
- This mist cools and calms irritation and redness with copper and wild pansy extracts. Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Cooling Moisture Mist, $18, osmotics.com
- This super-light overnight mask instantly cools upon contact with rich Okinawan water and soybean extracts. Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask, $45, sephora.com
- A water fusion balm that refreshes, brightens the eye area with vitamin C, and calms with sea algae. Estée Lauder Genuine Glow Priming Moisture Eye Balm, $38, esteelauder.com
KEEP COOL THIS SUMMER
Hot weather can lead to high skin temperatures, which, combined with UV radiation, can damage skin cells and collagen, says board-certified cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Kally Papantoniou. So chill out with these tips.
- Refrigerate sheet masks and eye gels for a quick cooldown.
- Spritz skin with an antioxidant mist to help keep temps down and add a boostof free radical protection.
- Suck on an ice cube! It’s been shown to calm red, blotchy skin.