Feeling pasty? With the latest in self-tanner technology, you can swipe, spray and slather your glow on with none of the guilt.
Story by Anna M. Park
1. A naturally occurring sugar works with DHA in this 360-degree spray that delivers a mist so fine, you don’t have to rub in. It’s great for smoother areas like the back and stomach. Hampton Sunless Tanning Mist, $35, hamptonsuncare.com
2. As soon as it becomes shorts weather, this becomes my go-to body lotion. It hydrates, the tinted formula instantly illuminates, and DHA gradually builds up your color. St. Tropez Gradual Tan Tinted Everyday Body Lotion, $30, sttropeztan.com
3. With the heavenly scent of coconut, this lightweight serum bronzer will make you feel like you’re already on vacation. Fake Bake Flawless Coconut Tanning Serum, $31, fakebake.com
4. Preferred by makeup artist Allan Avendaño to prep “Sports Illustrated” swimsuit models, this first-of-its-kind marula dry oil moisturizes, protects with SPF 50, and gradually builds color with Ecocert DHA. Vita Liberata 3-in-1 Self Tan Dry Oil SPF 50, $54, sephora.com
5. A paraben- and phthalate-free, 100% vegan self-tanner that temporarily bronzes the skin as the self-tanner goes to work. It’s not water- resistant so avoid getting wet for four to eight hours. Svelta Tan Skin Perfecting Self-Tanner, $38, sveltatan.com
6. Ideal for travel, these paraben-free, easy-to- use wipes give you a nice glow within two to four hours. Kate Somerville Somerville360 Body Self Tanning Towelettes, $75, qvc.com